General Category > Tool tips & reviews

Bearings on a WIVAMAC 1000

<< < (2/3) > >>

BOB A JOB:
Many thanks for the information.

I've had a look at their website and I think I've identified the front bearing, I'm going down to the workshop later and will remove the front bearing so that I can purchase both at the same time.

B frustrating as I want to get down there now and carry on, but management says I've got to rest up. Standing is not good at the moment following recent knee replacement surgery, did too much yesterday hour and a half and could hardly walk after !

At least cricket is on tele.

John D Smith:

Hi Bob,
           Your wife is quite correct I know how you feel I have recently had a Full hip replacement and I was told when I had done enough it is worth taking it easy keep doing the exercises it pays in the long run.

Regards John

icewoodturning:
I also have to replace the bearings on my DB1000 - an older double front bearing type.
I'm tempted to replace the double front bearings which i believe are NTN6206z rather than convert to single bearing, as I dont know what the mod to the front bearing cap is and Wivamac don't seem to either.
Does anyone have the code for the rear spherical bearing?

Paul Hannaby:
I modified my old DB1000 for a single bearing. The change was to get a groove cut for a circlip to hold the single bearing in place. On mine, the engineering company didn't quite get it in the right place so I made a copper shim to pack out the bearing and all was good.

I don't have a DB1000 (I upgraded to a DB1200) any more so can't help you with the bearing number.

julcle:
Bearing Numbers are usually etched onto the casing of the bearing shell, worth looking at with a lense as it may be quite faint.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version