General Category > General Discussion

Maybe a scam

<< < (3/4) > >>

Mike313:
I'm not sure I understand how a 'scammer' can benefit from advertising something and then not replying to potential buyers ? Maybe I'm an innocent soul and don't understand the nature of this scam :)

Twisted Trees:

--- Quote from: Mike313 on January 29, 2021, 02:26:28 PM ---I'm not sure I understand how a 'scammer' can benefit from advertising something and then not replying to potential buyers ? Maybe I'm an innocent soul and don't understand the nature of this scam :)

--- End quote ---

They "sell it" take your cash online and don't deliver it. some people pay thousands for cars etc. before delivery, I do take risks on buying online as I am sure we all do, but for anything expensive I only do cash on collection.

julcle:
David - Is the VB36 that you say is in Wales the one  in Caerleon on the For-Sale Page ? If it is then this one is genuine, the owner had contacted our club and told us that the lathe was in Monmouth and would advertise again when Covid was over.  Julian

David Buskell:
Julian,
It may well be. The photo is of a known turner's lathe and that pic has been used several times over the years. I understand the Ebay auction has now closed and there's a buyer but even so, always caveat emptor!

julcle:
Yes indeed David, thank you for the reply. If it is sold then we won't need to get back to her.  Julian

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version