General Category > General Discussion

A new lathe

(1/2) > >>

burywoodturners:
Early lsat December I orderd a new Record Herald lathe, I was told that it would be February before I saw it. I checked to day and I was told there was no idea of when it would be delivered. Is this just Record or new machines in general. The shop display area was practically empty of display models.
Ron

Paul Hannaby:
I think the passage of goods from China has been somewhat erratic since Covid took hold. It appears that many suppliers have been affected and lathes of all makes are in short supply.

GBF:
I ordered a Record Bandsaw in November and still waiting

Regards George

Redwill:
Suggest you do not hold your Breath waiting,      Delays on orders seem to be the norm at the moment,  Goods are being held up at Ports and when they do get thro many of the companies have people working from home which seems to be slowing the movement of goods.    Just had an armchair delivered that I ordered early Oct.  Issues totally outside the retailers control who has been excellent at providing updates,   Normal delivery would have been 6 weeks max from order.
   I have been thinking of replacing my Vicmarc Vl 150 for a different lathe to give a bigger swing over the bed but am reluctant to join a long waiting list so will be holding off for the time being will content myself with the smaller turnings than I had in mind.         
Hopefully your Herald will turn up soon
regards  Bill

Bill21:
Covid seems to have caused a double whammy. More people want stuff to do in lockdown and have bought lathes, and as said it’s also affected the supply line.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version