General Category > General Discussion

wadkin RU lathe

(1/7) > >>

stocksy27:
Off to collect a Wadkin RU lathe Friday, has any used or owned one of these before?

Percy:
Never used one, but would absolutely love one. Almost my dream lathe - not from any practical point of view, but just because it's a fantastic great big lump of a thing (given the choice I'd have an RUH, just because it's even more ridiculously huge). I'm suitably jealous - let us know how you get on with it!

Bill21:
I’ve just had a look. It’s an amazing looking piece of machinery. It would cost so much to make something like that these days you’d never sell any due to the cost. The ability to turn almost perfect cylinders quickly and easily is just one of the handy features I can see. Tapers too by offsetting the tailstock. I’m sure you’re going to really enjoy using it. Can you post a picture when it’s up and running?

seventhdevil:

--- Quote from: stocksy27 on February 02, 2021, 08:51:14 PM ---Off to collect a Wadkin RU lathe Friday, has any used or owned one of these before?

--- End quote ---

that IS my dream lathe.... lucky bugger...

how are you going to get that in the boot of your car??? ;D ;D ;D

please let me know the precise weight if you can find it out as i never could get that bit of info...

Bill21:

--- Quote from: seventhdevil on February 04, 2021, 09:37:02 AM ---
--- Quote from: stocksy27 on February 02, 2021, 08:51:14 PM ---Off to collect a Wadkin RU lathe Friday, has any used or owned one of these before?

--- End quote ---

that IS my dream lathe.... lucky bugger...

how are you going to get that in the boot of your car??? ;D ;D ;D

please let me know the precise weight if you can find it out as i never could get that bit of info...

--- End quote ---

Maybe you could ask them?

https://www.wadkin.com/

The “little” Wadkin RS weighs 774 Kg so not lightweight machines!

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version