General Category > General Discussion

Scroll saws

<< < (5/5)

Bill21:
All the cheap ones seem to have the same problem of tilting the table to make angled cuts. It must make using them a bit awkward at times?

bodrighywood:
Thanks to another turners generosity I have now become the owner of a hegner saw. Can't believe the difference between it and the old one I had. My reason for wanting one was to make parts for a series that Mo and I are doing at the moment, something that proved impossible on the old one but the 'new one' cuts like a dream. Had to  have a play and see what it is like to use so did a couple of quick pieces. Never having done this sort of thig befores I am reasonably hopeful that I will be able to get the hang of it.

A  big thank you to my donor.

Pete

Derek:
A very nice saw and some great pieces of work off of the first few cuts. From what I hear you will not be disappointed with the Hagner saw.

bodrighywood:
Thanks Derek. It is a vast difference over the old one I had. That was hard work and impossible to do anything fine. This one is so smooth and when I tried the test of a 20p piece on it it dodn't move at all so no vibration. Mostly it will be used in upcylcing furniture but I am going to try and incorporate into some turning somehow as well.

Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version