General Category > General Discussion

Chuck Hubs - views please

(1/6) > >>

Dancie:
In order to tidy my workshop, I’m thinking of buying some chuck hubs, I’ve come across two types, one supplied by Glenn Lucus the other by Axminster. There’s a difference in price, even with tax, exchange rate and delivery taken into consideration the Glenn Lucus hubs work out about £6 cheaper each – does anyone have any views on either please? There does seem to be more thread of the Axminster ones.

Dave Brookes:
I think it was on here that I saw some made from hot melt glue which looked OK.  Can’t remember what was used as a release agent though.

Dave

Valkrider:
Find someone locally with a 3D printer to print them for you the files are freely available on Thingiverse. Should cost a fraction of the metal ones and will work fine that is what I have done.

Bill21:
I’m all for keeping a workshop tidy but I find it hard to justify these things.
Do you really need or actually want to screw the Chuck on and off these things?  ::) They seem like an excellent way of parting those poor souls with obsessive compulsive disorder from their money. I only have one WT Chuck but I’ve got four or five MW chucks and they live in a steel cabinet when they’re not being used.

Valkrider:
An alternative would be a suitable sized length of dowel (you could turn it yourself  ;) ) and just push on pull off.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version