General Category > General Discussion

Motor problems please help

<< < (3/3)

808raver:
Thank you all,
I have ordered a new capacitor, it seems the high current draw on start and the sluggish start (even with the 15 amp fuse wire) is indicative of a non working capacitor.
I have seen someone on youtube refurbishing the exact same motor as mine and his problems were fixed by replacing the start capacitor.
Now I've seen how my motor should run I can see how bad things are with mine ATM.
I think (from the reading I have done) that once the new capacitor is fitted the saw should run without fitting a 16 amp socket, I hope it does because that will mean I can use a extension lead and all sockets in my workshop (it's on wheels)   
Thank you all for all the advice, I will update this thread once the new capacitor is fitted just incase someone else is having the same problems.

808raver:
Hi All
Fantastic success, it was the start capacitor, it now runs like a dream.
I've removed the 15 amp fuse and I'm now back to a 13 amp and I've tried it on extension lead that has  a very sensitive trip button without any problem.
Thank you all again :) 
I will include this site on changing start capacitors as I found it very useful.
https://inspectapedia.com/electric/Motor_Capacitor_Selection.php     

Wood spinner:
Don't you just love it when a plan comes together  ;D

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version