General Category > General Discussion

USA tool prices

<< < (4/5) > >>

Wood spinner:

--- Quote from: Bill21 on May 12, 2021, 06:06:07 PM ---Apart from the chucks are there any tools in particular that you like that seem expensive?

--- End quote ---
One company that advertises in the woodturning mag is selling a pen mandrel for £140  :o

David Buskell:
I saw that ad  as well. Peter Sefton's Wood Workers Workshop is shown as the UK dealer.  I gather they are having stock issues over in the US and not able to ship until late 2021.

Import duty, VAT and dealer margin would probably increase that US$ price considerably.

Bill21:

--- Quote from: Wood spinner on May 18, 2021, 08:59:12 AM ---
--- Quote from: Bill21 on May 12, 2021, 06:06:07 PM ---Apart from the chucks are there any tools in particular that you like that seem expensive?

--- End quote ---
One company that advertises in the woodturning mag is selling a pen mandrel for £140  :o

--- End quote ---

The last time I turned a Pen I used an ER32 Collet Chuck with a suitable size collet and a length of silver steel. The total cost at the time was about £20.
You can still get an MT2 ER25 chuck on the auction site for about £15 so no need to buy anything more expensive. I do recommend you use a Pen Centre though.

https://www.chronos.ltd.uk/product-category/woodworking-tools-equipment/sct-woodworking-chucks-centres-faceplates/sct-pen-centre/

Wood spinner:

--- Quote from: Bill21 on May 18, 2021, 07:43:18 PM ---
--- Quote from: Wood spinner on May 18, 2021, 08:59:12 AM ---

--- End quote ---

--- End quote ---

The last time I turned a Pen I used an ER32 Collet Chuck with a suitable size collet and a length of silver steel. The total cost at the time was about £20.
You can still get an MT2 ER25 chuck on the auction site for about £15 so no need to buy anything more expensive. I do recommend you use a Pen Centre though.

https://www.chronos.ltd.uk/product-category/woodworking-tools-equipment/sct-woodworking-chucks-centres-faceplates/sct-pen-centre/

--- End quote ---

OK thanks , My tailstock is 3 MT , do they do a 3 MT or will I need a 2 - 3 adaptor ?

Bill21:
I’ve only seen them in 2MT so you’ll have to have a look around to see if anyone else makes them in 3MT.

Edit:

Axminster list them in MT3 but say they only have a few left so I guess they’re not making them for much longer? Best be quick if you want one.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version