General Category > General Discussion

Lathe mobility?

<< < (3/3)

bodrighywood:
No bigger than my axminster AT350WL, probably lighter actually, which I use for demos at shows. I use a sack truck to move it and the basic stand you can get for it to run it on. Easy to move and transport and takes around 5 - 10 minutes to reassemble.

Pete

turningal:
Hi Pete
Thanks for your reply, but it doesn’t really answer my question, other than to say ‘just manhandle it’, with a history of back problems, it’s something that I’m keen to avoid.
Regards
Alan

Bill21:
Not a big lathe then but still heavy enough to do your back in unless you’re careful. I suppose much depends on the vehicle and whether the boot has a lip you need to lift it over? I still think something like a scissor lift, home made or shop bought might be a good solution.

--- Quote from: bodrighywood on May 14, 2021, 05:20:56 PM ---No bigger than my axminster AT350WL.

Pete

--- End quote ---

Have you seen the new “short” bed Extension? I’m finding it very useful on my lathe.

https://www.axminstertools.com/axminster-trade-280mm-bed-extension-for-at350wl-lathe-107031

bodrighywood:
At 71 years old and doing 10 shows a year up until recently I am totally aware of the difficulties involved so apologies if I sounded a bit blase. I was just trying to point out that sometimes there is an easier answer to a problem.

Pete

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version