Author Topic: Design and fit out of a woodturning workshop ?  (Read 883 times)

Offline Wood spinner

• platinum
Design and fit out of a woodturning workshop ?
« on: June 13, 2021, 06:20:20 PM »
Hopefully I will be moving home soon , It's taken me several months to find what I think is a decent home with a nice workshop  ;D I got all excited when I went and viewed the home , So excited I forgot to measure the workshop up  ::)

In the past all I have had is a shed / garage that is NEVER big enough  :( full of stuff that I can't use as no room

So the thought of room to build / design and fit out inside is now on my mind  ;)

Just hope the sale / purchase doesn't fall through

Any input most welcome

Offline Bill21

• platinum
Re: Design and fit out of a woodturning workshop ?
« Reply #1 on: June 13, 2021, 07:22:13 PM »
What’s the workshop built from and is it insulated? Make sure you have enough power sockets. Good lighting is a must. I’m sure others will chip in with their ideas once we know a bit more of what you’ve got.

Offline Wood spinner

• platinum
« Reply #2 on: June 13, 2021, 08:32:52 PM »
Its fairly modern , Steel framed and clad in corigated / Box section steel , Not sure what to do with the inside yet re cost of insulating , I do understand it may suffer condensation

Offline Twisted Trees

• platinum
  • Bristol, UK
    • Twisted Trees
« Reply #3 on: June 13, 2021, 09:10:20 PM »
Tin box is not a place I would want my lathe in. Condensation is a nightmare and a tool killer, it can be mitigated with vapor barrier, insulation and timber lined, but if you are starting from empty I would consider the option of taking the steel off and just using the framework as a building structure.
TT, AKA Pete, but that name is taken :-)

Offline Wood spinner

• platinum
« Reply #4 on: June 14, 2021, 04:19:51 PM »
Wont be happening now as my offer to buy was rejected  >:(

Back to SQ one