General Category > General Discussion

Clubs restarting #2

(1/4) > >>

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
As clubs start to re-open many of them, my own included will be changing the way some things are done. Some of this will be down to budget changes and others to make the club more enjoyable (if that is possible) than it was before lockdown.
So my question is on average how many demonstrations do your clubs book with an outside demonstrator, how many from an inhouse demonstrator and how many hands on nights do you have? Also I would be interested in what other activities (turning related) your club holds.

Bill21:
We have one or two pro demonstrations a year, normally at a weekend, and about eight or nine from one of our club demonstrators. We often have a workshop night with three folks demonstrating something or other and members can move between the three as they please.

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
Thanks for your reply Bill.

Bill21:
I’m going to beg the question when we restart as to whether it would be possible to have an overseas demonstrator entertain and educate us using Zoom. We have a large screen and projector and I’m sure someone has a laptop. I’m just not sure what the WiFi situation is like though at our venue.

John Peachey:
Hi,

Our club has on average 10 demonstrators per year two which are an evening followed by a day session.
January is our hands on month, and Feb is most likely when we have an in house demonstrator.
December is more of a social event, but has a fun based turning competition.

John

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version