General Category > General Discussion

Heads up re lathe for sale

<< < (3/3)

Wood spinner:

--- Quote from: Ianparkin on September 05, 2021, 09:02:52 PM ---They don’t look the same lathe however in both adverts.
Foot stop switch on the stand near the floor on the newton abbot  one

--- End quote ---

The big red knob is a emergancy stop button

bodrighywood:
As I said before these are not Record lathes and not Maxis as we now know them. Both are the australian original lathes before Record started producing them and labeling them Maxi 2. They will be older lathes and so tghe proice on the sheffield one is not particularily cheap IMHO. The one  in Newton Abbott is perhaps a tad expensive considering its age but again that is my opinion. My Record Maxi 1 cost me a grand 6 years ago for comparison and was one of the earlier ones that wasn't all chinese. As far as I can tell Record don't make these anymore just the Maxi 1. Correct me if I am wrong, and th Maxi one sells new for the price of the 2nd one here. Besy way to see if it is a scam is to pay on reciept. If gthey won;t do it then it is a scam. Personally \i can se it being a genuine deal.

Pete

Ianparkin:

--- Quote from: Wood spinner on September 06, 2021, 01:45:20 PM ---
--- Quote from: Ianparkin on September 05, 2021, 09:02:52 PM ---They don’t look the same lathe however in both adverts.
Foot stop switch on the stand near the floor on the newton abbot  one

--- End quote ---

The big red knob is a emergancy stop button

--- End quote ---
Just to be pedantic.. emergency stop buttons generally stay in when pressed that type doesn’t so its a stop switch operated by your foot

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version