General Category > General Discussion

Nova DVR 3000 fault

(1/4) > >>

Woodworm:
Hi,
I see posts on this forum from 10 years ago that my current problem has been shared by others, but without any conclusive fixes.
My trusty DVR 3000 Serial No: 3302,  has developed a problem. When I power the machine on at the headstock toggle switch I get the usual start screen which reads:

TEKNATOOL INT.
04.22ms   2004

then:

READY TO START AT 500rpm.

I then start the lathe running and it runs for thirty or so seconds after which the screen goes blank and it shuts down unresponsive. I switch off the power  switch and even  though switched off,  the screen reappears after another thirty or so seconds, briefly displaying the aforementioned start screen, then goes blank after three or four seconds. At this stage I can switch on the power again and the whole sequence will repeat itself. I've also tried changing the program from NORMAL to HARD then SOFT but no difference there either.
The power supply and lead are OK and I've removed both the sheet metal covers and checked all the electrical connections are firmly plugged together, also the same for the display housing/control panel. I also blew any dust out of the headstock housing with a blower.  I would greatly appreciate any advice anybody can offer.

Woodworm    ??? ???

Twisted Trees:
Have you raised the problem with https://www.teknatool.com/ ?

Woodworm:
I sent  an email to sales@teknatool.com describing the fault. I also started a ticket on the Teknatool website, but I don't expect a response yet.

Bill21:
How free running is the headstock spindle? You may need to slacken the belt to check.

Woodworm:
The Nova DVR 3000 is direct drive & doesn;t use any belts, and the headstock spindle turns freely.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version