General Category > General Discussion

Nova DVR 3000 fault

<< < (3/4) > >>

Bill21:
I was looking at buying a milling machine many years ago and a likely used example came up at a good price not far from me. I did my research and the general advice was not to touch it as the motor was built into the head. A potentially very expensive repair if the motor failed. Belt driven machines are relatively easy to re-motor if they fail. In fact many old machines seem to have three phase motors and inverters retrofitted. Given what’s been said I wouldn’t touch a DVR new or used. £500 for a circuit board?!  :o

Wood spinner:
Someone on fbook trying to sell a Nova DVR XP non working  for £350

Woodworm:
Hi All,
Just returned after 8 months working away & I'm now back on trying to fix the DVR 3000! Teknatool pointed me in the direction of Turners Retreat but replacement circuitry will only be my last option. The following is an update on my progress.
              The lathe runs and it runs for thirty or so seconds after which the screen goes blank and it shuts down unresponsive. I switch off the power switch,wait for 30 seconds, and then I can switch on the power again and the whole sequence will repeat itself.
    I've removed both the sheet metal covers and checked all the electrical connections are firmly plugged together, also the same for the display housing/control panel. I've also removed the main power board and slightly expanded the  pins in the 6 pin Molex  stator winding connector but after reassembly it still misfunctions as before. I also blew any dust out of the headstock housing with a blower.
Any ideas Guys?

Valkrider:
It sounds like one of the components is getting too hot and breaking down. Unfortunately there is no circuit diagram available for the main board, however, that may change as there is a law going through the US at the moment that says circuit diagrams must be made available to end users. If that passes you may be able to get hold of a copy and get a local electronics expert to check / repair it. I have a complete DVR sitting here with a defective main board that I will not pay £500 to repair I am waiting for the circuit diagram being available.

Bill21:
Weren’t Nova the company that introduced a chuck that tightened the opposite way to every other chuck on the market?  ::) I believe they’ve now corrected that with the latest version.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version