General Category > General Discussion

Air compressor

(1/3) > >>

turningal:
I’m looking for some advice, I’ve seen wood subjected to ‘sand blasting’ before being coloured, like the work of Laurent Niclot. I have no experience of any kind of ‘sand blasting’ although I’ve seen hand held small sand blasters which look like they would fit the bill. However I’ve no idea what sort of power air compressor that I would need. I have a bench air compressor that I use with an air brush but I’m aware that this may not be powerful enough. Any advice would be welcome.

Paul Hannaby:
I have a small hand held sandblaster and a small cabinet sandblaster. I have a 3hp 50L compressor and that's only just enough for the cabinet blaster. The air reservoir is depleted in no time at all so there is a lot of waiting for it to refill. I only use it occasionally so it isn't a big problem for me. The handheld blaster works fine with the compressor but it isn't anywhere near as effective as the cabinet version.
If I was buying a new compressor, I would go bigger! :)

Wood spinner:
Size matters  ;)

Bill21:
I’ve got a small Clarke cabinet and I run it on a 2.5HP 25L compressor. It’s not so good for large stuff but it’s worked well for occasional use on small items. I can’t get large stuff in the cabinet anyway.

turningal:

--- Quote from: Paul Hannaby on June 03, 2022, 04:35:49 PM ---I have a small hand held sandblaster and a small cabinet sandblaster. I have a 3hp 50L compressor and that's only just enough for the cabinet blaster. The air reservoir is depleted in no time at all so there is a lot of waiting for it to refill. I only use it occasionally so it isn't a big problem for me. The handheld blaster works fine with the compressor but it isn't anywhere near as effective as the cabinet version.
If I was buying a new compressor, I would go bigger! :)

--- End quote ---
Thanks Paul, just the info I needed.
Kind regards
Alan

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version