General Category > General Discussion

yew tree sap

<< < (2/4) > >>

BrianH:
I know I'm an old skeptic but am I the only one here thinking someone is looking for a final solution to the mother-in-law problem ;)
Brian

Andy Coates:
Yes, Brian...

ME!

I've been trying to find a conclusive answer for a couple of years now without success. I think I know why there isn't one...

Nobody has done the research (over and above the confirmation that the tree contains taxine and it is a poison) and there's no reason to do so, therefore a definitive answer isn't on the cards.

thebowlerhattedturner:
Well, thankyou all for your replies, I have also had a couple of PM's aswell. After carrying out extensive searches on the internet (including pages from Andy's blog) I have finally been able to come up with the answer to the question posed.
No-one knows the correct answer So I am just going to assume the same as everyone else that it is toxic, I'm still gonna turn it though! :)
Regards
John

woodndesign:

One time I'd had a link with a list of woods, how safe, there dusts, if toxic and effects, can I find it..     ???...

If with Yew and Oak alone, maybe it's never ideal to lick your fingers, it was one reason soneone I know would never read a News paper, then what is there to read anyway...     ;D...

Cheers..

Andy Coates:
Here you go...HSE Toxicity in Woods Document...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version