General Category > General Discussion

Versachuck

<< < (3/3)

RichardS:
Alan not sure the answer is yes?

I have both types of Chuck and the VerseChuck jaw carriers do not fit the Axminster unless the MkIII is differant from previous models?

My VC has a differant scroll profile from the Axi

When you buy the VC carriers you get the VC profile with what ever make of Jaws you select, it is the profile of the jaw types you can change i.e the screw pitch and locator spigot or recess which differs from manufacturer to manufacturer.

All the VC carriers have the VC scroll profile.

Richard

Richard

Bill21:

--- Quote from: Alan Wallington on December 17, 2022, 08:31:34 PM ---Hi Everyone

Many thanks for all your replies and I do apologise for getting the part names wrong.

--- End quote ---

No need to apologise, you’re not the only one. Every chuck manufacturer that I’ve seen calls them Jaws, base jaws or in the case of Record Power Jaw slides. For some strange reason the the vendor of the Indian manufactured Versachuck has decided to call them carriers!  ;D

Alan Wallington:
Good Evening again.

At last the penny has droped. (Takes a time these days!) I need to purchase a chuck, correct backplate and the correct lower jaws to fit my Axminster  top jaws. I do apologise for not understanding this earlier. Its been a long weekend for me turning at Amberley museum.

Bill21:

--- Quote from: Alan Wallington on December 18, 2022, 07:59:57 PM ---Good Evening again.

At last the penny has droped. (Takes a time these days!) I need to purchase a chuck, correct backplate and the correct lower jaws to fit my Axminster  top jaws. I do apologise for not understanding this earlier. Its been a long weekend for me turning at Amberley museum.

--- End quote ---

Yes, you’ve got it.  :)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version