General Category > General Discussion

Versachuck

<< < (2/3) > >>

Bill21:
Yes it is a shame that Axminster (and some others) use the incorrect terms for their wood turning lathe chucks. Interesting though that they can use the correct term when supplying 3 and 4 Jaw chucks for their Engineering Lathes! I suspect they believe wood turners are perhaps incapable of understanding the difference between Jaws and Top Jaws as Engine lathe users do? Strange that the Germans seem to understand it perfectly?!

From a German supplier of Axminster products:

The OP has yet to come back to us but I believe the question was do Axminster Chuck Jaws fit into the Versachuck Chuck body? To which the answer is No.

If the question was do Axminster Accessory jaws fit the Versachuck with the Axminster compatible Jaws fitted in the Chuck then the answer would be yes.

Twisted Trees:
The video I linked in my first answer went to extremes to cover the difference in the bottom jaw / carrier / insert name! and what works with what...

Bill21:
I still believe it’s unhelpful using the wrong terms. They are after all 4 Jaw Chucks, Not 4 Carrier Chucks!  :D

Bill21:

--- Quote from: Twisted Trees on December 16, 2022, 12:23:11 PM ---Axminster themselves have used the name Jaw carriers for the part that goes in the chuck and engages with the scroll.

--- End quote ---

Actually they don’t. I went to their website today and had a look at the manual. No mention of carriers, just Jaws mentioned four or five times.  ;) I suspect the machinists that actually make them in Axminster may have educated the sales staff?!

Alan Wallington:
Hi Everyone

Many thanks for all your replies and I do apologise for getting the part names wrong. It does look like answer is yes, but just to clarify things I will attempt to attach some pictures.

4 pictures of my "C" jaws, (Top jaw and bottom jaw) and a set of internal jaws.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version