General Category > General Discussion

TURNSTYLER TS 1000 Lathe owners

(1/5) > >>

Timbo:
Hi everyone, I'm a newby to this forum and I'm interested to hear from anyone who has or had a Turnstyler TS1000 lathe.  I've just purchased one but having great difficulty finding any information anywhere.   I do understand that there were several build variations and customer preferences were built into individual orders but wondered if Fred ever provided a manual of some description for the lathe itself.  I do have a booklet with information on the inverter. 

I already have a Graduate with variable speed control but I'm getting a bit long in the tooth and wanted another solidly built lathe but with the ability to swing the headstock and also one that had some grunt.   Yes it's a bit 'agricultural' and could be refined a little, for example, a handle to lock the tailstock rather than using a spanner and a lever to lock the headstock rather than socket on the end of a bar, would make life easier.  That said, so far I've not been disappointed with its versatility and stability.  So if there are any 'Turnstylers' out there please join in the conversation and give me your views.

Take care Tim

julcle:
Hi Tim, It's not a machine that I've come accross in the past but if you can get hold of a copy of Woodturning Issue No:50 you may find a test report on it.
Issue 50: Page: 22  Test Turnstyler   TS1000   Lathe   Neil   Bell

I wish you luck with your quest.  Julian

Timbo:
Wow, Julian where an earth did you manage to get that information from - amazing.   It would ge even more amazing if I could find a copy!!

Thanks for that.

Wood spinner:
Must be a good while ago as the current mag is 383 I think , Only one mag per month.

Valkrider:

--- Quote from: Timbo on March 26, 2023, 10:44:42 PM ---Wow, Julian where an earth did you manage to get that information from - amazing.   It would ge even more amazing if I could find a copy!!

Thanks for that.

--- End quote ---

Contact GMC Publications, I did recently about an article I had part of from issue 6. A reprint was not available BUT they scanned their archive copy and emailed me the full article FOC. They may well do the same for you.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version