General Category > General Discussion

Screws!

(1/3) > >>

burywoodturners:
I have recentlt bought a set of Record coles type jaws, can anyone tell me whay the screws are so long, they bottom out about half way along their length?

Bill21:
It’s been a while since I bought mine but as I remember it came with several sets of screws. Some of them are for fitting the rubber buffers and are longer than the jaw mounting screws.

Edit: I did hear about this some time ago. You can mount standard jaws on top of the Cole jaws on the chuck with the longer screws.

Twisted Trees:

--- Quote from: Bill21 on April 18, 2023, 09:26:30 PM ---
Edit: I did hear about this some time ago. You can mount standard jaws on top of the Cole jaws on the chuck with the longer screws.

--- End quote ---

I have also heard this, but am confused as to why you would want to have the cole jaws and another set of jaws in play at the same time. Answer is use the screws that were already in the chuck!

Bill21:

--- Quote from: Twisted Trees on April 18, 2023, 10:40:59 PM ---
I have also heard this, but am confused as to why you would want to have the cole jaws and another set of jaws in play at the same time. Answer is use the screws that were already in the chuck!

--- End quote ---

Yes agreed. I’m not sure why you’d want to do this either!?

burywoodturners:
Thanks, it seems that I have free set of screws.
The jaws are cast alluminimum and consequently brittle. I will use the shorter one though

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version