General Category > General Discussion

Projector For Demos

<< < (2/3) > >>

Duncan A:
We looked into using monitors or TV's but we have nowhere to store such large and easily damaged items. Also, modern projectors are far better than the older, traditional, models and the setup works well for us.
The short throw projectors make it far easier to get a picture of the size and height needed.
At least, that would be the case if it worked!
Duncan

Bill21:
What sort of setup do you have? My club has changed from a single camera to a two camera setup but the delay switching between the two - over 10 seconds, has made it impractical. I’m not sure if it’s the projector or the switching gizmo at fault?

julcle:
It depends on your switch Bill, if you are using HDMI cameras which most are these days you could invest in a ATEM Mini Pro which will do all the switching together with picture in picture and fades that you would need. We have an older analogue video mixer with 4 inputs into one output with a monitor output for the operator. This does the same as the ATEM but with a very much older technology and no HDMI.  Julian

Paul Hannaby:
Projectors are smaller and easier to transport & store than a big screen TV but the projector image is subject to light interference, distortion etc. and they can look pretty flat in a brightly lit room. If you have storage space, I would go for a big TV.

Bill21:

--- Quote from: julcle on June 20, 2023, 11:09:06 AM ---It depends on your switch Bill, if you are using HDMI cameras which most are these days you could invest in a which will do all the switching together with picture in picture and fades that you would need. We have an older analogue video mixer with 4 inputs into one output with a monitor output for the operator. This does the same as the ATEM but with a very much older technology and no HDMI.  Julian

--- End quote ---

Thanks for that. I think my club just has a simple switch. It’s mounted on a gantry next to the camera.

Edit: I did recommend the ATEM after reading a review but I suspect it was deemed too expensive.  ;)

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version