General Category > For Sale / Wanted

Vicmarc VL300 lathe + extras

<< < (3/5) > >>

Bill21:
Some seem to like them but I’m not sure about top of the tree?! That honour in my opinion goes to the Powermatic 4224B. Although if you do a lot of bowl turning then the VB36 would be a compelling choice.  ;) Good luck with the sale.

docwatto:
Is this still available? I've just been asked to look for a replacement lathe for my local Men in Sheds (Collingham, Nottinghamshire). As I have a Vicmarc 300 at home this would be top of my wish list.

Wood spinner:
Hello , Yes the VL 300 is still available

Wood spinner:

--- Quote from: Bill21 on January 10, 2024, 03:36:29 PM ---Some seem to like them but I’m not sure about top of the tree?! That honour in my opinion goes to the Powermatic 4224B. Although if you do a lot of bowl turning then the VB36 would be a compelling choice.  ;) Good luck with the sale.

--- End quote ---

Just watched a youtube video on the Powermatic , Only 3 things that look different are the built in air line and the vacuum

1 , I never use compressed air lines in my workshop because of the dangers of air bourn dust
2 , In 35 odd years I have managed without the need for a vacuum system
3 , Indexing , I very rarely do anything that requires this.

You pays your money and make your choice ;)

docwatto:
Could you send me some photos to see condition of your lathe please and also let me know location so we can consider logisitics.

We have a shed committee meeting this coming Thursday and this will be on the agenda.

Thanks

Derrick

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version