General Category > General Discussion

Gloves

(1/3) > >>

Bill21:
I think we had general agreement that wearing gloves whilst using a lathe is not a good idea. I have however, just seen these. So if you must wear gloves on the lathe perhaps these are a good option?

https://www.axminstertools.com/uvex-phynomic-x-foam-finger-protection-gloves-ax1040319

The Bowler Hatted Turner:
Personally I would still not wear them. There is a very real danger of a torsion injury.

Twisted Trees:
I agree, I also would not wear gloves, only in part for safety the other part is often a real delicate touch is needed with the left hand (or front hand if cutting left handed...) 
But as you say if they tear as easily as skin if you must wear them at all that is a possible way forward. 

Bill21:
I only mentioned it because some turners say they have to wear gloves because the shavings are too hot or they have arthritis etc.

Dave Wraight:
I started wearing fingerless gloves just over a year ago because of a potential blood disorder and arthritis in my thumb joints. Tight fitting when first used and I am now on my second pair because stitching started to go around the end of one finger. About £8 from Toolstation. Worth every penny.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version