General Category > General Discussion

Wizardry in wood

<< < (2/3) > >>

Bryan Milham:

--- Quote from: Martin Lawrence on October 15, 2012, 12:40:58 PM ---Cor blimey guvna five days in the smoke would you adam and eve it lol

--- End quote ---

I recomend a packet of Paracetamol - if you're not used to the polution (I wasn't), you'll need them!

Doug Barratt:
Good to see a few are going, unfortunately the babysitters can only do Thursday (what are Grandparents like these days, wanting a life & such like  :o ;D  ;D)
So whilst hopefully I`ll get to meet Martin on the AWGB stand, I wont meet the others that have posted so far, but I hope you all have a most enjoyable day.

Cheers.

chill:
Hi I will be there on the Saturday, with my daughter as she has entered a piece in the Ray Key Youth comp,

bodrighywood:
I'll be there Saturday. Looking forward to it as I managed to get to the last one and it was definitely worth going.

Pete

Doug Barratt:
Just got back  :o

Had a great day in London, though my feet are sore, I`d agreed to "do the shops" & "wine & dine" the LOML in return for her accompanying me to the exhibition. I`d like to say it had been a cheap day out, I really would have like to be able to  :(

The exhibition of work, the competition pieces & the Mary Rose display were all excellent, though I have to admit I didn`t recognise most of the turners at first glance, they looked so smart, I`m used to seeing them in smocks covered in wood shavings  ;D

But the high light for both myself & SWMBO was the Bert Marsh Retrospective, whilst I`ve seen work previously by most of the mainstream turners this was the first time I`d seen so many of Bert`s pieces in one place & they were fantastic. His work, for me at least, is what turning is about & I`m grateful to have seen this display, it is magnificent.

I also came across this piece

https://pbs.twimg.com/media/A5gWcz_CYAAuEGk.jpg

By a chap from these parts, though there didn`t seem to be any notification of which candle stick had come where, so I can`t say how he got on.

All in all an excellent exhibition, well worth a visit.

Cheers.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version