General Category > General Discussion

Microclene Model MC420

(1/6) > >>

woody:
Has anyone ever used the Microclene Model MC420 I have dust control set up in my workshop but I have just been diagnosed with emphysema so I think I need to take some extra precautions

woody:

--- Quote from: George Foweraker on October 20, 2012, 06:56:25 PM ---Sorry to here that,bad news indeed.
I think the best thing is an air fed helmet and dont take it off until the dust settles .And wear it when you are cleaning up.

Regards George
[/quote
Hi George thanks for your answer mate but I have tried them but I also have arthritis in my spine and I found that the trend and the power cap  hurt my neck to such an extent that I cant do anything anyway bit of a devil and the deep blue sea
--- End quote ---

John D Smith:
Hi Woody, Sorry to hear of your problem. I have the MC 400 hanging above the Lathe Headstock end then I have the MC100 bench mounted at the other end it works for me. Regards John

woody:

--- Quote from: John D Smith on October 20, 2012, 07:52:43 PM ---Hi Woody, Sorry to hear of your problem. I have the MC 400 hanging above the Lathe Headstock end then I have the MC100 bench mounted at the other end it works for me. Regards John

--- End quote ---
Thank you John I have the big Jet filter hanging from the ceiling in the middle of my workshop and I was looking for something to put local to the lathe one question for you someone told me they are very noisy is that true because I was under the impression they were quiet I did look at the ms 400 and thought it may be a bit small my workshop is 20ft x 10ft

davidbrac:
I have the square version fitted to the wall at the back of the lathe and it works OK. i also have a vacuum system that vents dust outside that mounts by the lathe and a large ceiling mounted dust system.

George is right there is nothing like a mask however the other thing to watch is that you are extracting away from you not across your face.

i also use, when l can, a Festool RO90 sander fitted to a vacuum this is expensive but excellent at sanding and dust removal.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version