General Category > General Discussion

Microclene Model MC420

<< < (3/6) > >>

woody:
Thank you for all that David it is very helpful my workshop works out to 45 cubic metres I had to sell my other dust chip extractor as it was to big for my new workshop my old one was a large double garage till we moved down sized and I only had room for a 20ft x 10ft log cabin which hasn't got the same headroom I got one of those record dustbin type but that is only fit for the dustbin it is absolutely useless with dust coming out from the seal and it sounds like a jumbo jet taking of so I;m still on the look out for one as for sending the dust outside which would be ideal I just haven't got the room my workshop runs the full length of the garden and what bit is left I have my log shelter

woodndesign:

Woody, I know what it is for space, mine has been a down size and to a wooden shop too, I'm finding a lot of the noise I'm now getting is resonating from the building, all be the base I laid down is solid and it's a heavy weight duty workshop 22m t&g but they used a litter frame.

A nice new Vac. would be far better at filtration and containing the very fine and dangerous dust and to get it out of the shop would be best if it can be done.

Cheers David

woody:
I to laid a good thick concrete base and the workshop is built from 25mm log lap with a 3" x 2" frame it is a good solid building I'm well happy with it but I had to sell a lot of my big machinery both woodwork and metalwork but hey that's life as you get older LOL no to be honest I didn't want to do any of that any more just concentrate on my turning and I've started wooden model making so I'm a beginner at 70 LOL

woodndesign:

Ah I know mine is in the frame they built it as something whatever 2" x 1.5" comes out as, I'll not be able to use thick insulation to that regard.

The base was 6 jumbo bags of MOT 1, 6" to 8" deep, sand and slabs to finish.

Tool wise I've held on the them, most of everything else had to go.

Now is to sort you out regarding the dust.

Cheers     David

Martin Lawrence:
  I think Georges advice re the helmet is perfect but I would also have an extra room air filter on a timer, in my wiorkshop I wear the helmet and the air filter system is on a timer plug to clear the air for an hout before I go in and an hour after the working day. Not cheap but what rice on your health.

I wish you well Martin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version