Author Topic: lathe. and dust help  (Read 2489 times)

petjeffery

lathe. and dust help
« on: October 21, 2012, 03:51:39 PM »
Hi all just got a pro copy lathe. Yesterday other is missing the cutter tool and was wondering if any one would know were to get one from.

Also got a record rdx800 dust extrator. But with no bag and i can not seem to find any so again were would i get some from or can you just use a black sack any help on any of these would be great.  also would any one have any instruction for either unit all help with be great

Offline woodndesign

• platinum
  • Cannock Staffordshire
Re: lathe. and dust help
« Reply #1 on: October 21, 2012, 07:00:18 PM »

It's a time for dust questions and I've not the answer, a bin bag may not be strong enough unless it's heavy duty, but if you've not checked them already have a look at Record site:  http://www.recordpower.co.uk/category/consumables--filters they should be able to help.

As for the tool, someone may know or check with B&Q I think I've seen something about them doing replacement parts, worth a try.

Cheers and hope it's been of help.

David
"It was the best of times, it was the worst of times,"  By Dickens ''''

petjeffery

« Reply #2 on: October 21, 2012, 11:24:43 PM »
Thank you ill get on to looking at them thank you again for trying to help out

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #3 on: October 22, 2012, 09:13:40 AM »
I have the Axminster chip remover and use old chicken feed bags or compost bags. Strong and fit nicely around the flange. Bin bags, even the stronger ones are prone to ripping easily and also are far bigger round the edge and a pig to get on easily.

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities