General Category > General Discussion

Black paper

<< < (2/2)

admalin:
Hi John
I suppose it was my fault for not properly understanding the question.
To me an inclusion is something embedded. Diamonds have inclusions.
If we are talking about something sandwiched between two bits of wood that's completely different.
I'd like to see the exhibits in question. Have you got the like to the relevant Glendale site?

ANYWAY fishpaper is definitely what I said it is.

Tony Malin

thebowlerhattedturner:
Hi Tony,
            just google Glendale Woodturners Guild and it will take you there and then just browse through the member's gallery. There is some nice stuff on there.
Regards
John

woodndesign:

I've had a look and this should be the link:   http://www.woodturners.org/.. it's Floyd Pedersen, Earleen Ahrens & Dave Hergersheimer gallery, looks thin as if it is just paper, you'll hopefully hear as to what they are.

The rest is also very interesting, not just the gallery, but the tips, lot to learn as always from State side...  ??? ....

David

thebowlerhattedturner:
Hi all,
I have received a repy from Glendale woodturning Guild. Tony you were right, it is an electrical paper. Apparently this is used a lot in America by segmented turners. I imagine the black paper reffered to is the same thing.
Regards
John

Just goes to show woodturners are a helpful,friendly bunch the world over.

admalin:
Hi John
I'm still persuing this subject to get more information on fishpaper. I've already got some interesting bits, but you'll have to stay in suspense for a little longer.
You may wonder why the persistence. I'm a retired electrical engineer. Insulation was an important component in our products, and caused me more than a few headaches.
Anyway I got the basic information on it in the first place from the "dreaded" Wikipedia !!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Regards
Tony Malin

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version