Author Topic: old teapots  (Read 2562 times)

Francesco Dibari

old teapots
« on: December 25, 2013, 12:01:39 AM »
wandering on the net, lately you often see replicas of teapots .. coffee makers and the like, by Wood turners and fans, this is my interpretation of the theme ... an very old teapots  from the heat and indelibly eroded by time; olive wood finished with polyurethane component, unfortunately the photos do not do the beauty of some radicature of this wonderful piece of olive tree, the most obvious flaw is not being able to do the cover with the same piece, for lack of raw material, and in fact lacks the continuation of the vein, but the reproduction of the rot seems to me quite compatible with that of the body, the neck has deliberately consistency "important" and although in some ways "penalizes" the aesthetic lightness of the whole, I preferred, however, any emphasis on the actual functionality
comment & critique welcome  :)

« Last Edit: December 25, 2013, 12:11:03 AM by Francesco Dibari »

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
Re: old teapots
« Reply #1 on: December 25, 2013, 07:39:59 AM »
Hi Francesco...it's a wonderfully amusing piece and the gnarled piece of olive root is the perfect timber for what you have set out to achieve. The only element that I can't quite understand is the spout. Overall, I really like it.

Happy Christmas....Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Francesco Dibari

Re: old teapots
« Reply #2 on: December 25, 2013, 04:52:54 PM »
Hi Francesco...it's a wonderfully amusing piece and the gnarled piece of olive root is the perfect timber for what you have set out to achieve. The only element that I can't quite understand is the spout. Overall, I really like it.

Happy Christmas....Les

Hi Les , the nozzle is housed from a very rotten piece and shaped after fixation

Happy Christmas to you and many thanks of your comments  :)