Author Topic: Welcome Dawn  (Read 7188 times)

theblindwoodturner

Re: Welcome Dawn
« Reply #15 on: July 27, 2011, 06:32:28 PM »
hmmmmm. skyping tea and biscuits. that sounds a good idea.

Can you remember caramac? Nestle re released it a short while ago. what a blast from the past. currently about to tuck into a pack of McVitties chocolate biscuits... no.... not the dark ones. the milk ones. Dawn.... if you're there...... Tea...... Biscuits...... Borbans or Chocolate digestives?

It's officially one of those days. Took on a large log. well I say large more like 24in x 12in. I was told it was cedar. Nope.... it's bloomin connifer wood. absolutely disgusting and I should have recognised it straight away. oops. half way through rough turning and  NOT 1, Not 2..... BUT 5! full length cracks approx 3/4" in from the bark and cambium layers. STUFF IT!....

no worries though. just chilling out and waiting on my new order of tools to arrive in the next month.

lew

Offline BrianH

• gold
« Reply #16 on: July 29, 2011, 02:20:42 PM »
Oh I do feel for you Lew! But still it could have been worse, there could have been 6 cracks...........TeeeeeeeeeeeeeHeeeeeeeeeeee
Brian

theblindwoodturner

« Reply #17 on: July 29, 2011, 09:24:21 PM »
lol that's a good one lol.

I'm in a quandary... I need to source some decent green timber around the north wales area.  Saw mills are becoming ridiculously expensive per CUFT so need some green trees for decent work. my problem at present is finding someone who has the type of trees I'm after and wants them taking down....... the crisis begins.

lew