Author Topic: I am decidedly p****d off!  (Read 4939 times)

Offline The Bowler Hatted Turner

• platinum
I am decidedly p****d off!
« on: August 26, 2015, 11:49:59 AM »
As it says in the title I am really peed off. Had a chap book for a woodturning lesson and he didn't bother turning up, no phone call or email to apologise he just didn't bother to turn up. So annoying and rude!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

Offline fuzzyturns

• platinum
    • Fuzzy Turns
Re: I am decidedly p****d off!
« Reply #1 on: August 26, 2015, 11:52:17 AM »
Did he pay you up front? Or at least a deposit?

Offline GBF

• platinum
    • Artistry in wood
« Reply #2 on: August 26, 2015, 12:02:17 PM »
As it says in the title I am really peed off. Had a chap book for a woodturning lesson and he didn't bother turning up, no phone call or email to apologise he just didn't bother to turn up. So annoying and rude!! >:( >:( >:( >:(

I never take a deposit and have been lucky until now but I make sure I have a land line number.
It might be that he has a perfectly good reason that you will hear about later.
He might have decided to come here instead  ;D ;D ;D

Regards George
The man that never made a mistake never made anything

Offline Mark Sanger

• platinum
    • Mark Sanger Web Site
« Reply #3 on: August 26, 2015, 12:03:26 PM »
To date I have not had this, but when people book generally I take payment upfront unless I have their address and am confident. Also something bad might have happened so don't hang the bloke yet, give him a ring to see what happened, if he just didn't bother then go round and hang him  :) :)

Offline Lazurus

• platinum
« Reply #4 on: August 26, 2015, 12:34:57 PM »
To date I have not had this, but when people book generally I take payment upfront unless I have their address and am confident. Also something bad might have happened so don't hang the bloke yet, give him a ring to see what happened, if he just didn't bother then go round and hang him  :) :)

You could make a really nice set of gallows, teak or mahogany with some detailed pyrography and texturing, and some nice turned newels on the steps up methinks!!!
Living and working on the Norfolk Broads

• platinum
« Reply #5 on: August 26, 2015, 12:43:39 PM »
He booked by phone so no deposit. I spent the time rehearsing an item for a demonstration that I will be giving,so the time was not wasted. ;D ;D

Offline Mark Sanger

• platinum
    • Mark Sanger Web Site
« Reply #6 on: August 26, 2015, 05:01:05 PM »
That said, generally I ask for 50 % deposit or if it is a gift voucher then they pay full up front. I know others that do this and it means they have an incentive to turn up or fully understand that the deposit is non refundable. Please don't take this wrong, we are running a business and that is money lost, you could have been practicing with at least £60 in your pocket instead of wanting to get your old Lee Enfield 303 dusted off, appologies if I have gone back a bit too far, perhaps it was the 7.62 LSR instead, or a black powder musket  :) :)

Offline bodrighywood

• platinum
    • Bodrighy Wood
« Reply #7 on: August 26, 2015, 05:02:57 PM »
Same principle as when I do commissions. I get at least 50% up front and then the rest prior to delivery.

Pete
Turners don't make mistakes, they have design opportunities

• platinum
« Reply #8 on: August 26, 2015, 08:03:11 PM »
That said, generally I ask for 50 % deposit or if it is a gift voucher then they pay full up front. I know others that do this and it means they have an incentive to turn up or fully understand that the deposit is non refundable. Please don't take this wrong, we are running a business and that is money lost, you could have been practicing with at least £60 in your pocket instead of wanting to get your old Lee Enfield 303 dusted off, appologies if I have gone back a bit too far, perhaps it was the 7.62 LSR instead, or a black powder musket  :) :)
Parker hale m72 in my case.

Offline Lazurus

• platinum
« Reply #9 on: August 27, 2015, 07:47:37 AM »
Parker hale m72 in my case.

Tikka M595 for me ;)
Living and working on the Norfolk Broads

Offline Mark Sanger

• platinum
    • Mark Sanger Web Site
« Reply #10 on: August 27, 2015, 08:47:56 AM »
was the chicken or lamb  :)

Offline burywoodturners

• gold
« Reply #11 on: August 27, 2015, 05:12:14 PM »
The answer is simple, make sure they pay in full and if they don't turn up, give me a ring!
Ron