Author Topic: Lovell Workwear Ltd  (Read 2247 times)

deminimis

Lovell Workwear Ltd
« on: June 28, 2016, 09:54:33 AM »
Can anyone tell me whether Lovell Workwear is still in business?  I placed an order for a Woodturner's Smock two weeks ago, paid by PayPal and have heard nothing since despite 5 e-mails and 3 telephone calls.

Offline GBF

• platinum
    • Artistry in wood
Re: Lovell Workwear Ltd
« Reply #1 on: June 28, 2016, 09:57:55 AM »
Maybe they are on holiday or something they are lovely people and always give good service
If they have taken your money you will get your smock have patience they might just be very busy

Regards George
The man that never made a mistake never made anything

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #2 on: June 28, 2016, 11:07:29 AM »
They are still in business, but his seamstress, who made our smocks, has retired. They out-sourced the labour for my order for smocks, which meant that they took longer than usual, but got there in the end. Send them an email and let them know....they make everything to order so they'll do their best for you.
Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.

Offline burywoodturners

• gold
« Reply #3 on: June 28, 2016, 07:33:24 PM »
I had the same problem, I phoned and told them I had a demo coming up (I did, an Over Sixties club!) and they sent it straight away.
Ron

deminimis

« Reply #4 on: June 28, 2016, 08:37:18 PM »
Thanks to everyone for your helpful replies.   However, my problem is that the phone enquiries say that the call cannot be taken and the e-mails to them are returned as undelivered by the "postmaster".   E-mails to them using their website seem to be ignored.   Thus, they cannot be contacted.   Thanks anyway.
Cheers,

Jim

Offline Les Symonds

• platinum
    • Pren
« Reply #5 on: June 28, 2016, 09:32:27 PM »
Hi Jim....when I used to work in industrial clothing near Cardiff , I knew them well at Lovells. My younger brother still works in that industry, so I guess he'll know what's going on, especially if they've stopped trading....I'll make a few enquiries and see what I can find out.

Les
Education is important, but wood turning is importanter.